SALARY AND BENEFITS
SALARY RANGE: $8,641.00 – $10,609.00 per month
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plans paid 100% by the Company for employee and dependent(s)
- Retirement: 401K Pension Plan with employer contributing up to 10% with no match from employee
- 10 paid holidays per year, 10 paid vacation days per year initially, up to 20 per year, 12 paid sick leave days per year, 40 hours administrative leave.
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $2,500 per year
- 9-80 work week (every other Friday off)
Under general direction, plans, organizes, and manages the work of Companies personnel assigned to customer service; manages accounts payable; assist with budget preparation; performs a variety of complex functions in support of the human resources programs including benefit administration, recruitment selection, workers compensation; labor and employee relations; performs related duties as assigned.
The single position class is distinguished by its responsibility for providing direct oversight of customer service, accounting, payroll, human resources, and clerical support to the General Manager. This position is expected to demonstrate a high level of expertise and initiative in maintaining efficient and effective administrative operations that are consistent with Board policies and the administrative guidelines established by the General Manager.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Attends Board meetings, produces and maintains official record of minutes, Resolutions, Ordinances and board actions. Follows up as necessary.
- Manages, assists and assigns tasks and responsibilities to the Customer Service personnel on a regular basis.
- Participates in the departmental formation of policies and procedures; reviews current procedures and initiates procedural changes.
- Resolves more difficult customer relations situations, involving upset and dissatisfied customers, requiring a high degree of sensitivity and use of sound independent judgment.
- Assists the General Manager with long-range planning of Customer Service functions and recommends billing system modifications when necessary.
- Process payroll accounting functions
- Manages accounts payable
- Prepares bank reconciliation statement.
- Plans and coordinates all employee recruitment and selection activities; prepares all employment opportunity job postings, advertisements, and recruitment materials.
- Coordinates and administers Company employee benefit programs including group insurance premiums, such as medical, dental, vision, employee assistant program, life and disability insurance, COBRA insurance premiums, processes requested changes for employee and Board of Director benefits plans, including change of address, addition, or deletion of dependents and changes in coverage, aids employees regarding benefit programs.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DUTIES:
- Communicates orally with Company management, co-workers, and the public in face-to-face, one-on-one and group settings.
- Must be able to carry, push, pull, reach, bend, crouch and lift objects and supplies weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Uses office equipment such as computer terminals, copiers and FAX machines.
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges with or without correction.
- Uses a two-way radio for communication.
- Uses hands repetitively to operate computers and other standard office equipment.
- Sits for extended time periods.
DESIRABLE EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of education and experience that provides the necessary knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Seven to ten years of progressively responsible and complex Customer Service responsibilities; Five years’ experience in a supervisor position, preferably with a public agency; Specialized training or education in human resources, accounting principles, and ability to speak a second language; Secretarial experience, two of which included serving as recording secretary at a public meeting for elected officials.
Either (1) Possession of an Associates of Arts degree from an accredited college or university with a major in accounting or related field or (2) completion of a formal program of instruction in Secretarial Science or Business Administration from an accredited vocational school, or (3) an equivalent program of academic preparation acceptable to the Company.
Possession of a valid California Notary License is required, or the ability to obtain a California Notary License within 1 (one) year. Valid California Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record as determined by Company insurance carrier.
The purveyance of water is a vital service to the community and as such always requires the availability of Company personnel. Consequently, employees, including this position, will be required to respond to emergency calls, accept periodic overtime assignments, and perform any and all duties deemed necessary by the Company. Lacking a bona fide excuse satisfactory to supervision, a second failure to report when called, could result in termination.
Fair Labor Standards Act:
For the purposes of the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Executive Assistant shall be considered an “exempt” position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Bellflower-Somerset Mutal Water Company is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate in hiring, training, promotion, compensation or terms of employment on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical handicap, medical condition, marital status or sex.
Americans with Disabilities Act:
The Company will make such reasonable accommodations to enable persons with disabilities to fulfill the requirements of the position in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.